Happy New Year !!!


As you return to your classrooms for the second half of the school year I want to wish each of you a great time. I am quite jealous of each of you. As much as I am honored to be representing the teachers of Florida, I miss my lab and my students more than any of you might imagine. I enjoy meeting so many teachers and visiting your classrooms, but it's hard to beat watching my own students come back and share their vacation adventures and begin to get excited by the prospect of a new spring garden.

The New Year will provide us all with new adventures. But we all realize that the greatest adventure is sharing it with our students. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Allison Prose said...

Hi Rick,

Happy New Year to you and your family!

I am also a teacher-gardener at Wekiva Eelmentary in Seminole County. Check out the JELLYBEAN LANDSCAPE CLUB on my class website -

http://www.wekivaelementary.com/classpages/kpod/index.html

I have not posted the pictures yet but the Jellybean Landscape Club went “FULL CIRCLE” from seedling to soup to serving in December. A joyful brigade of veggie choppers and slicers gathered at Wekiva to prepare two giant pots of vegetable soup. Then we served our homegrown soup to over 200 needy people as part of a holiday dinner hosted by Grace and Grits Ministry at the Sanford Civic Center. I can’t tell you how many hot bowls of soup we served and how many warm smiles we received. Sharing the bounty of our little harvest was such an incredible blessing… to everyone!!!

I thought you would appreciate our story as I have enjoyed yours.

I wish you a multitude of blessings as you spread the good news of public education in Florida this year.

Sincere best wishes,

Allison Prose
Kindergarten Teacher
allison_prose@scps.k12.fl.us