Visiting a Friend



Today I had the pleasure of visiting Cypress Elementary School in Osceola County. Cypress is home to State Teacher of the Year finalist, Debbie Fahmie. Deb is a legend in Osceola County and is known for her incredible student musical productions. Her students have performed at the Kennedy Center and I had the privilege of watching students practice in preparation for a performance taking place in Tampa later this week for music teachers meeting from across the state. All I can say is that I was blown away! The chorus was perfect, the costumes elaborate, the musicians were incredible and the entire program demonstrated a complexity beyond what I would expect from elementary students. Wow!
In addition to the rehearsal I had a chance to tour Cypress, visit a few classrooms and meet with the fifth grade team to talk about science. It was a great day and I was so pleased to be able to visit with my good friend. Thanks Debbie!

No comments: