Conference Day


Saturday found at two different conferences in Central Florida. In the morning I was a guest of UCF and attended the National Holmes Partnership conference at the Hilton Hotel at Lake Buena Vista, Florida. The groups involved are promoting partnerships between school districts across the country and interested university systems, business groups and others interested in educational innovation. I met some informative people from Rhode Island, Minnesota and Texas who shared intriguing partnerships that are producing great results. Neat morning!
I left the Holmes conference and traveled to the Florida Hotel in Orlando which is linked to our Florida Mall. There I attended the Florida Future Educators Association where I gave a workshop about elementary science directed at to an enthusiastic group of high school and university students interested in becoming teachers.

No comments: