The New Year Brings Workshops




Sunday I traveled to Green Cove Springs (west of Jacksonville on the shores of the St. Johns River) where I spent the night in a Bed and Breakfast in preparation for a hectic week. Monday I drove down the road to Coppergate Elementary School in Clay County where I spent the day working with teams of intermediate and primary teachers. Coppergate just opened this year and it is a beautiful school filled with technology (lots of Smart Boards, computers and all the latest gadgets)and a large and inviting media center. It was great to start the new school year sharing science with the teachers at Coppergate. A special thank you to assistant principal, Debra Gaynes who arranged for my visit and gave me a wonderful surprise of fresh honey from her family hives!

Of course the down side is the three hour drive home with lots of traffic and a bit of rain and then tackling emails and paperwork before I could watch the football game. But Tuesday brings a new school and a new adventure. Great start to the year!

No comments: