Ocala Staff Development


I left Jacksonville this morning and counted over fifteen vegetable stands as I drove through a more rural part of our state. Florida can be quite beautiful! I stopped at the University of Florida for a quick visit with my son and on to Ocala.

This afternoon I spoke to a group of elementary science lead teachers from across Marion County who meet monthly to gain knowledge that they can share with their grade levels to better teach science and prepare their students for FCAT. Great things are happening in Marion County and it was a pleasure to be able to spend time with these dedicated educators. Thanks to Jacqua Ballas, district science and staff development coordinator, for the invitation. I will return to Marin County again Friday to participate in their district staff development.

No comments: