Florida Future Educators Association



Sunday morning I was back at the Florida Hotel as the closing session keynote speaker. I had incredible shoes to fill! Saturday's keynotes were Ken Carter (aka Coach Carter), an incredibly inspirational speaker who was the focus and title character of a movie and Randy Scott. Randy is the 2003 Florida Department of Education/Macy's Teacher of the year, a former football player for the San Diego Chargers, Alachau County administrator and another incredibly gifted speaker.

I want to thank the students and their sponsors for being an incredibly generous and forgiving audience. There will never be a movie made about my life (though I hold out hope for a five minute cartoon!) but I tried to share my love of teaching young children and the pride I have in our profession.

The true highlight of the breakfast were the awards to groups and individuals who displayed incredible talents creating Power Point presentations highlighting the accomplishments of FEA chapters, essay contest and speech winners. I was captivated by the skill of the group of future educators.

A thank you must go out to conference chairperson, Chadwick Myrick; the tireless Florida Department of Education staff; the presenters who were outstanding, and the dedicated FEA school chapters sponsors and sponsors who worked together to create such a memorable event.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You were very motivational. I enjoyed hearing about your life.
Thanks for speaking to us, the future teachers.