Putnam County TOY

Thursday I drove to Northeast Florida to Palatka where I spoke that evening at the Putnam County Celebration for their Teacher of the Year and School-Related Employee of the Year. With over 300 people in attendance the room was packed with those celebrating the accomplishments of an incredible group of people. Congratulations to Julie McCoy, School-Related Employee of the Year and Maeghan Morris from Mellon Elementary School who was named Putnam's 2009 Teacher of the Year. This year's event was held at Ravine Gardens State Park and I look forward to coming back on a sunny day to get a better look at the wonderful grounds.

The drive home through part of rural Florida was incredible. I stopped at a road side stand selling honey on the honor system just honey and a box for the money. The bee hives can be seen from the road! I think my family will enjoy the wildflower honey (with comb) that I brought back. I know that I enjoyed stopping at a place in Florida that is becoming quite rare.

No comments: