Carrying on a Tradition


Next week Orange County Public Schools will select the 2009 District Teacher of the Year who will go on to represent our district and compete at the state level. Tonight I continued a wonderful tradition that began many years ago. As the outgoing OCPS District Teacher of the Year I hosted an evening in which our finalists could get to know each other, ask questions (just not the big one), and learn more about what they have to look forward to. It was fantastic fun with a worthy group of finalists. Joining me were (from my left clockwise in the picture) Tamara Daugherty from Lakeville Elementary School, Donna Walker-Knight from Grand Avenue Primary Learning Center, Jennifer Bohn from Evans High School, Stephanie Johnson Possell from Olympia High School, and Emily Thorpe from Apopka High School 9th Grade Center.

Dinner was in Winter Park at The Hot Olive. Very trendy, very good food, and a great atmoshpere for a wet Tuesday evening. My special thanks to my good friend, Bev Cox who I always consult for the best places. Bev, you were right as usual! Thanks.

Orange County has five finalists who could each represent our district with distinction. I'm incredibly proud of the quality of teachers who will be representing our district. Next Wednesday we learn the results.

No comments: