TV Time

I was up early Thursday for a visit to FOX35 television studios for a morning interview. This is Teacher Appreciation Week and I was asked on to help celebrate teaching in Florida. The producer of Fox's morning news has a connection to me because he is married to one of my favorite Camelot teachers, April Kennedy. April teachers fifth grade and I love to have her kids come to my lab. She brings out their excitement and enthusiasm for learning and always has a smile on her face. They lover her and it shows!
I was asked about my year and why I love teaching - easy question! Among the background footage shown I loved the fact that a picture of my wife, Susan, was seen from our visit to the Rose Garden. Susan is a 31 year kindergarten teaching veteran and my inspiration. She is the best teacher in our house and I was glad see her in the footage. Of course she looks really good too!
The afternoon was spent in a meeting of the Orange County Public Schools Foundation discussing even more that will be done in the years to come for education. Education in the 21st Century will only thrive through the strength of community partnerships and the OCPS Foundation is a model for a great one!