Tuesday in Washington, DC




Tuesday was wet! We took a cab to the Air and Space Museum and had a great adventure. I am a bonafide air and space nut and was in heaven! I'm including just a few airplane pictures from the History of Air Transportation exhibit. One of the planes is a 1934 Ford Trimotor. In its day it provided luxury travel across our country. I flew in one about twenty years ago and I question the term luxury. it is really loud, you smell aviation fuel, the aluminum sides rattle and it kind of free floats when throttled down a bit. The cockpit has two really big steering wheels and a large "gear stick" between the pilot and copilot seats. I loved every minute of this bird! We also took in the IMAX show "Fighter Pilots" and just had a great day.

That evening we went to a well known French Restaurant, Marcel's, for dinner. Afterwards we were taken by limo to an evening at the Kennedy Center listening to the French National Symphony. I had never been to the Kennedy Center and this was quite the treat. During intermission we walked out to the patio areas and looked at the sights of the monuments lighted for the evening. An incredible day with my incredible wife!