A Birthday Present

While in Tallahassee working on the Depth of Knowledge I celebrated my 55th birthday. When I got home Friday (April 25th) I received an incredible surprise. As I have shared in earlier postings I am extremely attached to the children's book: The Lion's Paw by Robb White. I told you of Brady Hodgerson in Monroe County and the incredible connection we have through this remarkable book. On this website I refer to The Lion's Paw as the "holy grail" because it has been out of print for over 30 years, is extremely difficult to find, and extremely expensive to find in good condition. Unfortunately I gave my copy to a student many years ago and haven't seen another since Brady showed me his in Key West.
Until that Friday. For my 55th birthday my wonderful wife, Susan surprised me beyond words. She found a mint hard back copy of this wonderful book and presented it to me for my 55th! Susan - you are the best!
And to make this even better - the company she bought the book from takes the profits from rare book sales to buy books that are given to schools, libraries and students in underdeveloped areas of the world.