Progress Energy/UCF Leadership Institute

On Friday I spoke before about 150 educators and administrators from a ten county area and experienced a first for me. In almost 30 years of speaking to groups I have had a number of snafus - but Friday was the first time I have taken a tumble. That's right - I stepped onto the steps leading to the rostrum and had the unpleasant experience of having the steps collapse. I fell onto the portable stage, off the stage, against a wall and to the ground. Yes, fat men do bounce! I completed my speech and I want to thank the people in attendance for bearing with me because it definitely threw me off a bit. Today is Saturday and I'm sore and stiff. Who knew there would be such danger and adventure linked to being Teacher of the Year.

The only real damage seems to be to my ego and of course my aspirations of life as a circus performer is dashed. But nothing seems to badly damaged so I'm ready for my next adventure.

1 comment:

GME said...

Dang, Bro! I found out from Dad. Glad you're okay! Be careful! I'll be home from Wednesday-on and will definitely be watching the parade looking for you and Susan, Zach, and Emily! Take care! --George