OCPS Science Meeting



Wednesday I came home. I spoke at the Orange County Public School elementary science contact teachers meeting. Every elementary school in our district has a teacher who serves as the "science contact" for the school. That person shares news, information, and often sparks the science going on in the school. Usually the teacher is an interested classroom teacher or elementary lab teacher. We meet twice a year. These are my friends and colleagues. So it was with great pleasure that I was allowed to visit on Wednesday afternoon.
There were no insights, no wisdom, just a chance to catch up. The lady in the picture is Bev Cox, elementary resource teacher for Orange County. Bev is a great friend, a mentor and the person I go to for ideas, news or direction. Bev is the thread which keeps elementary science together in our district. Thanks Bev.

No comments: