Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade












The weather was perfect. Clear skies and temperatures in the low 50s. Unfortunately it was too warm for the pull over Macy's Parade sweatshirts that were give to us. It was warm enough for me to sit on my jacket through much of the parade! We got an early start and rode the subway uptown with our VIP tickets in hand. Walked a few blocks and got to our entrance to the grandstands. The grandstands were at the beginning of the parade and stretched for two blocks. We were about a half a block down from the NBC people and could hear Mat Laurer do his running commentary. We had a clear,unobstructed view of everything and it is definitely a once in a lifetime experience! My TV at home was Tivoing, I bought a new digital film camera just for the parade and I handed my still camera to my son, Zach. Boy do we have some pictures. My wife, Susan, hates to be photographed - so if she is in a picture consider it a rare thing!
The best way to describe our experience is by just sharing the pictures. The viewing order is before, during and after the parade.

No comments: