Rope Course




Day 2 of the leadership Orlando orientation took us to the Center for Drug Free Living where we spent a day participation in a low rope course. Now low rope course is misleading. I don't consider 30 feet off the ground low! And with a long history of back surgery and pain, I spent a great deal of my time providing support for some of the activities.

Visionary Ventures was the group that facilitated the experience and provided wonderful support. Breaking into groups we went through a series of team building activities that took me back to my days of rope courses as a Boy Scout leader. I have to brag on my group. We had representatives from banking, education, business, community services, transportation, law, WDW and estate planning. No doctors, they know better! We may have not been the most physical group (I'm speaking for me), but we were definitely the most creative and had to have had the most fun! I watched with envy as many in my group climbed 30 foot poles, walked tight ropes and jumped off of poles (yes they were wearing rappelling gear!)with success. We problem solved how to leave an imaginary volcanic island, how to get through a "spiders web" and used our ingenuity balancing on a telephone pole. In true innovative spirit we freely adapted rules to meet our goals.
You will be hearing more about Leadership Orlando Class 74 in the months to come as we meet and continue to learn about our wonderful region.

No comments: