A very busy day

Hopefully I will have pictures to share soon. Tuesday morning was spent attending and giving the keynote address at the Florida Association for Staff Development in St. Petersburg. What a wonderful opportunity to listen to the wonderful training opportunities for teachers which are taking place across the state. DOE Bureau Chief, Kathy Hebda shared "the DOE Update" and I learned a great deal. I appreciated the opportunity to share with the group and enjoyed sharing my passion for problem solving and making real world connection in learning.

I then hit the road and drove back to Orlando. I got home, changed clothes and headed to the University of Central Florida. I was honored to be allowed to speak at the kickoff celebrating the 40th anniversary of the UCF College of Education. Thank you Dean Robinson for allowing me to be a part of my alma mater's celebration. It was great to see the growth and excellence displayed at UCF and reconnect with many professors who were my inspiration. I'm proud of the education I received at UCF and the friendships that have lasted throughout my professional career. I will be back on October 19th for the Reunion Celebration as friends of the College of Education gather to continue to celebrate the 40th Anniversary. GO KNIGHTS!

No comments: