Flagler Palm Coast High School





Thursday morning I drove up to Palm Coast and enjoyed myself immensely. My good friend, Diane Tomko (on of this year's state TOY finalist!), allowed me to visit with her IB and gifted classes of Future Problem Solvers. Many of the students have won international competitions and showed me why they represent Flagler's best! I learned about an elementary school playground they built to help combat juvenile obesity, plans to create a Fair Market Store to support artisans and communities around the world, ideas for working with the elderly, at risk teenage mothers and an exploration into future of body sculpting. I toured their campus, stopped by a few classes, enjoyed the effort of their culinary academy and was serenaded by the chorus (many we will someday see on Broadway!). It was a great day and I want to thank the students and staff for letting me interrupt their day.
PS: If any high school wants ideas on the most fantastic cafe and cafeteria I've ever seen, get in contact with this school. The Bulldogs are FANTASTIC!!!

No comments: