Wind Toys





When I first came to Camelot I knew that I needed to sell science to my students, parents and my administrator. So the first thing I did was to create a visually appealing entrance which allowed us to also learn about wind and weather. Over the years my "air toys" have grown and become an aesthetic part of my outdoor learning lab. My windsocks are attached to 30 foot telescoping fiberglass poles, my six foot spinner is on a twenty foot pole which comes with the spinner. I find my stuff online, craft stores, hobby shops, garden shops and kite shops.
Today my "air toys" are an integral part of my units on air. I can teach about wind direction, wind speed,wind energy, textiles and the effect the sun has on fabrics. Of course my poles can be seen almost a half mile away and advertise the excitement of science!