An exciting start to the new school year!

We start back to school tomorrow and are closely watching the path of Tropical Storm Fay. Almost exactly four years ago we were closing schools the second week of school and preparing for Hurricane Charlie, the first of three hurricanes we went through (I lost my roof and was without power for almost a week). We will be closely monitoring the National Hurricane Center (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov) for updates. At this time the predictions show this storm intensifying to a category one hurricane and a path to the west of Orange County. Unfortunately history has taught us that hurricanes rarely follow the exact projected path. The reality is it could pass us by completely with little impact or come directly through us. We will no within the next 48 hours.

If we experience this storm I'll try to have pictures on my blog and my classes will provide their descriptions of what is observed. In the meantime I will be spending tomorrow afternoon securing loose garden items, taking down my windsocks and "air toys" and preparing for some bad weather.