Upcoming Events

The next few weeks will be quite busy. I thought I would take a moment to update:

Next week I fly to Austin, Texas to attend the Education Commission of the States' 2008 National Forum on Education Policy. I will be joining many of my fellow state Teachers of the Year as guests of the ECS and will be participating in an invitation-only discussion forum to address the topic: " How Should We Define a Highly Effective Teacher?". Also in attendance will be ECS commissioners, state policy advisors, state school executive officers and other education leaders. The three day conference should give me incredible information to process and share with others in Florida.

The 2009 Florida Teacher of the Year Roundtable and announcement of the new 2009 Florida Department of Education/Macy's Teacher of the Year will take place July 8 - 11th. The actual announcement event (at the Orlando Hard Rock Center) will take place the evening of July 10th. This should be a great week! All of the Florida district TOYs will get together for workshops, fellowship and excitement at the Grand Bohemian Hotel in Orlando. I can't wait to turn this over to one of the incredible finalists I have earlier spoken of.

July 16th I will be the keynote speaker at the National Staff Development Council Conference being held at the Orlando World Center Marriott. The theme of this year's conference is "Creating a World of Wonder through School-based Professional Learning". As a new member of Pi Lambda Theta I also look forward to seeing other members at this event.