Leadership Orlando Visits KSC




After a long drive home Wednesday evening from Tallahassee I got up early for this month's Leadership Orlando. Our theme was Economic Leadership and we began our day with a visit to the Kennedy Space Center. I go over there a lot, but I saw some new things today. Besides learning more about the impact of the space center we toured the facility (including a quick drive by the Shuttle Endeavor which was sitting on the pad ready to launch); we got an up close look at the Vehicle Assembly Building (learning about the next generation of manned space vehicles - Constellation); and we visited a shuttle preparation room for an up close look at Shuttle Discovery as tiles were being inspected and replaced by workers. When I say up close let me share that we stood under the Discovery looking up at the bottom of Discovery. I don't think you can get closer to a real working shuttle without getting a paycheck from the KSC!

We came back to Orlando later in the day and listened to a number of community leaders share some of the challenges and solutions that our community faces in relation to our community's economic future. Great day!

No comments: