How do we fund all of this?

I get asked this a lot. Part of the answer is grant writing. For the last five years I've been able to bring in around $2500 by submitting local, district and national grants. An example is the Air Force Association Educator's grant that we recently were awarded. The amount is $250 which we will use to purchase model rocket kits, rocket engines and airplane supplies. This is the third year we have received this grant. I spend a couple of hours a week in the evening surfing for grants. Never assume you can't get money - it's there.

Our school doesn't provide supplies or materials for my program. I get some money for my annual science night and to register our Science Olympiad competitions. All of the materials you see in the pictures are my personal materials. Unfortunately I do spend a great deal of my own money, but like so many of you, it is the price you pay to teach the way you feel is the most effective. Look for more funding ideas in the future.